Acupuncture is an ancient form of holistic medicine. It treats the entire person and their unique body constitution instead of breaking the body in to it's parts or body systems and treating each individually. It involves treating the underlying cause(s) of health issues instead of masking symptoms, which are signs the body is not functioning properly. Single-use, sterilized needles are inserted in to the body at acupuncture points that allow for healthy circulation to be re-established. Whether the area of the body that is lacking healthy circulation is the low back, uterus, ovaries, or digestive system, for example, acupuncture works with each body's unique chemistry to bring oxygen, nutrients and hormones to the area to allow it to repair.
Chinese medicine recognizes the relationship between how the organs in the body are functioning and it's relationship to emotional well-being. Acupuncture is one of the modalities in Chinese medicine that is very effective for treating this relationship. Patients who receive regular acupuncture report feeling less anxious and depressed and have more mental clarity.
Conditions this clinic treats include, but are not limited to:
- Fertility and women's health-related issues:
- Dysmenorrhea (painful menstruation), amenorrhea (lack of menstrual period), anovulation, irregular menstrual cycles, PMS, PCOS, endometriosis, fibroids, autoimmunity, clotting disorders, recurrent pregnancy loss, diminished ovarian reserves, blocked fallopian tube(s), thin uterine lining, re-establishing hormone balance post-birth control or hormone replacement therapy, thyroid issues (hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism,positive thyroid antibodies, Hashimotos, Graves), IVF/IUI support, menopausal/peri-menopausal symptoms, low libido
- Nausea, morning sickness, musculoskeletal pain, heartburn/digestive issues, headaches, breech presentation
- Birth/cesarean section recovery, postpartum depression, postpartum anxiety, reastfeeding issues(engorgement, oversupply, low supply, clogged duct, dysphoric milk ejection reflex), postpartum hair loss, fatigue, brain fog
- Male-factor fertility and ICSI support
- Constipation, diarrhea,loose stools,IBS, bloating, food sensitivities, nausea, low appetite, excessive appetite, food cravings, acid reflux/heartburn
- Stress (symptoms exacerbated by stress, inability to adapt to times of stress)
- Autoimmune diagnoses
- Immune system weakness (Seasonal allergies, frequent colds and flu)
- Sleep disorders
- Musculoskeletal pain
- Skin issues (eczema, psoriasis, acne, contact dermatitis, rosecea)
- Blood sugar imbalance (diabetes, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia)
Click the video below to learn more about how acupuncture works!